Classic Cars Can Be Fun
Have you ever wanted to buy or build classic cars? They can be a lot of fun and they are a great way to connect with memories of the good old days.
Things To Know
- What parts that car will need, and where they will come from.
- What parts need to be rebuilt because that can’t be replaced.
- If you are doing a straight factory restoration or a custom build.
- Can you buy a car already finished for less than you car restore one?
- Know that numbers such as the rpo code, the casting number, vin codes, interior codes, and paint codes.
- If you are building a custom car the numbers aren’t as important but the quality of the car is.
- Ask questions about the engine, transmission, rear end, electrical and interior of the car.
- Ask questions about the body of the car, has it been wrecked, has the rust been repaired and when ask if you can have the car inspected by a professional before you commit to buy it.
- Ask if you can test drive the car and listen for noises like bumps. ticks and grinds, creeks, bumps and rattles these are all reasons to get a discount on the car as they indicate issues with the car.
- Make sure that all of the electrical system is working such as blinkers, lights, gauges, heater, air, and other critical systems.
If you can get all of these things to pass the smell test then you have a good car to start with and the fun can begin.
Remember it is all about fun with classic cars and the memories they can stoke.
But it is up to you to make sure that you are starting with a good car. I hope this article will help some of my readers in some way.